Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A redo

Saturday's run was supposed to be my 3 mile long run, but that just didn't happen. I did almost 2.5 miles instead. It just wasn't happening. I know physically I could do it, but I have some kind of mental block. I get intimidated by distances easily and end up convincing myself that I can't do it.




Not only did I cop out on Saturday, I missed yesterday's run. I made excuses and ended up skipping it altogether.

So today I redid the run. I wish I could say it was without walking, but it wasn't. I walked twice for about a minute apiece toward the beginning of the run. After the halfway point I wouldn't let myself walk again. Every time I wanted to stop, I forced myself to go a little faster on the treadmill. I guess it worked, because I made it the last mile and a half without alot of trouble. It's shower time, so here's today's run:


No comments: