Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Couch to 5k: W1D3

Today was the last day of week 1 and it went really smoothly. I felt like I could have jogged longer, which I think is a really good sign for next week. After my run/walk I did some yoga, more humbling proof that I'm out of shape.

I've got a sunburn I'm nursing for the time being from this past weekend, so no running outside for me. It's amazing how different running on a treadmill vs. outside are. I feel so cooped up inside and the treadmill seems so much more difficult and less rewarding than jogging outside. Too many buttons to press and numbers to read for me. Well, as soon as my red shoulders heal I'm going to try the track at the local high school (my alma mater). I have some pretty unpleasant memories of running (or trying to) during gym class in 90 degree heat. The track felt like it was forever long. Here's hoping it won't be too bad once I actually get there in a week or two.

No comments: