Thursday, July 31, 2008

Couch to 5k: W3D2

Ugh, well, my Nike+ Sportband crapped out on me. On Tuesday evening I had begun to notice that the LCD on the band was kind of "bleeding" in the screen. Liquid crystals were all over inside. I went to take it back yesterday and realized I had forgotten the shoe sensor at home. Fortunately, I had read somewhere that more than one sensor could be linked to a sportband, so I just swapped the band out at The Texas Running Company.

I took it home, plugged it into my computer and everything seemed to be working as expected... until I tried to link it with my sensor this morning. I spent about an hour trying to get it to work, turning on and off he sensor, resetting the new band, and a few other things I found on the internets and nothing's worked. Guess I'll have to take it back to the store and have them try it.

So, of course I had to run without the band telling me my time and milage, bleh. I'm hoping I'll be able to catch up to my 100 miles in 12 weeks goal, a two mile run/walk isn't really a big deal in the long run (I'm so punny).

I rode my (dad's) bike to the track so I could still get real-time feedback on my milage and an estimate on pace. While I was there, a bunch of middle schoolers came and ran with a coach. It was pretty amusing, they would speed up when they'd get close and "beat" me. But, I'm not immune to the competition bug, so of course I ran a little faster. Bad news, I was having a rough time toward the end of both of my 3-minute runs. Hah, next time I won't let some 12-year-olds challange me.

No comments: