Saturday, September 6, 2008

Couch to 5k: W8, rest

This morning I got up with every intention of running. I threw on a sports bra and running skirt and got about 8 feet down the hall before I turned around and got back into bed. My left shin is still sore after Thursday's run and I didn't want to just make it worse by jogging on it.

Ah well, I'll go out tomorrow. Dad says he wants to work out before his next physical to try to get his cholesterol down some so I invited him along with me. I think I'll take him to the track so maybe he won't feel too bad when I outrun him (which I'm pretty sure I'll do--he's fit from his job, but no runner). I'm hoping he won't be compelled to overdo it when I can just loop back around to him. It could be difficult to keep him from running too long/fast, we'll see.

Maybe I can talk him into starting c25k. I've suggested he should run a 5k with me and he didn't seem too averse to the idea. I'd just be worried about his heart with all that cardio. Here's hoping I can get him to have a physical before he begins running.

Any ideas for keeping him from overdoing it?

Edit: I've also been seeing some pretty nice definition in my legs. My calves and quads especially, but some even in my shins. Pretty nice considering I've only been running for about 2 1/2 months. It kind of makes me want to take a picture of my legs to compare them to another 2 months from now, haha.

No comments: