Monday, September 22, 2008

The start of a 9 mile week

This week is raising the bar on my mileage. In the past weeks, I've done at most 8 miles 4 days a week (but usually closer to 6 miles, 3 times a week). Today started the first of a 9 mile week, over 3 days. It culminates on Saturday with a 4 mile long run. 4 miles?! I could barely wheeze through 3 last Saturday! That'll be like a full hour of running, there's no way I can do that non-stop. I did an "easy" 2 miles this afternoon and wanted to stop.

I'm slowly losing my motivation. I could have easily continued sitting on the couch today instead of running, and that worries me some. I'm hoping it was just a fluke, and that Wednesday's 3 miles will go well. Maybe it's because while I was doing C25k, all of the weeks looked possible. They looked totally doable, even the first 20 minute run in week 5. In this new program it feels like it's not a big deal to tack on another mile or two, when to me it is. It's a big deal to go from 3 miles to 5 next Saturday.

On another note, I think it's pretty much impossible for me to calibrate my Nike+. It's consistently unreliable when it comes to distance. I always have to map out my runs first, which kind of defeats the purpose. Also, I found out that a new Garmin Forerunner 405 is coming out later this year for $299. I really want it, maybe I'll get it for Christmas.

Kk, shower's all warmed up, time for me to get unsmelly.


No comments: