Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A new training program

Ugh. I screwed with my schedule and I'm paying for it now. Last night I went for short, quick run and wore myself out. I only ran about 2/3 mile, but I did it relatively fast. My pace was probably about 10:30, much faster than my usual 15:00. Anyway, I guess my legs didn't like the change in pace and decided to rebel today.

I was going to list some reasons why today's run sucked, but I shouldn't be making excuses. It sucked, but next time will be better.

It's pretty clear that I still need at least one rest day between runs, which is pretty disappointing. When I read "real" runners' blogs, they go on runs close to every day. I have to keep in mind that I'm still very new to running and still need to take it slow.

In other news, I found a pretty satisfactory training schedule at Runner's World that will ease me into more mileage. It has me running 3 days a week, incrementing my milage by 1-3 per week, with crosstraining another 3-4 days (which should be cycling, if I can get the motivation). The first week is just 3 days doing 2 miles apiece, so I think I can skip it because that's what I've been doing lately. My next run will be on Saturday, 3 miles. That'll be a personal distance record, but I can do it. Two full rest days and I usually feel like I can do anything, haha.

Runs from the last two days:




No comments: