Monday, August 25, 2008

Couch to 5k: W6D3

Huzzah, I did it! I ran for 25 minutes today! I went so slow I probably could have walked at the same pace, but w/e. I was a little apprehensive after my last bad run and wasn't sure if I should have redone it, but I felt mostly ready for day 3. After all, I did 20 minutes last week sucessfully.

I got through it, only stopping once for about a minute at halfway to stretch. That's even with weaving between cars, parents, and strollers in front of the elementary school. I think I'll be going my other route on Wednesday, all those cars make me nervous someone's not going to see me.

It didn't occur to me on Saturday, but that was my last interval run. Today began the first of my "pure" runs, and the beginning of my "real" training. Not that the previous weeks haven't been real, but I don't have to think about exact timing to the second anymore. I don't have to worry about making a specially timed playlist. I can just focus on my music and putting one foot in front of the other. I'm amazed by my progress over the last two months and I'm anxious to see even more improvement as I start to count miles instead of seconds.

Also, I've decided to use the treadmill for the Nike+ 10k. It's always been sooo much easier for me to run on a treadmill than outside, and I can use that to my advantage. I'll do week 7 day 1 on Wednesday and then rest until Sunday. Considering I'll be walking most of it I think that'll be enough down time. Then I'll do day 2 on next Wednesday or so. Oh, and there's a local 5k on 9/20 that I think I'll sign up for. It'll be like 5 days after my last c25k run, which I think will give me enough rest time that maybe I'll finish at a respectable time. Likely not sub-30:00, but maybe 35:00.

No comments: