Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Couch to 5k: W7D1

*long sigh*

I'm so disappointed I copped out again. First, I had to walk at about 12:00 for a minute, then again at 17:00, and stopped altogether at 22:00. I don't know why, I feel like my progress took a step backward today. Maybe I didn't beat the sun enough, I was a little late getting out the door today.

Oh, wait. I know what the problem is, I had a peach before I went out instead of my usual Clif Mojo bar. Fewer carbs and less protein, I'll bet that's why my run was so miserable.

Ok, well at least I can fix the problem now. On Sunday (the 10k) I'll make a real breakfast since I don't have to worry about getting out of the house at a certain time, so that should be an improvement. I'll have plenty of time to chill out and let my stomach settle before jogging, too.

I think what I'll do is break my jogging up into 10 minute segments with 5 minutes of walking during the 10k, then add a buffer of about a mile of walking to either end. Total, I figure I'll do about 3 miles of jogging. I think that's optimistic, but doable. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: